Thursday, February 23, 2012

NASCAR didn’t think of Mother Nature

PHOOTENOTES HEADERA HOOKER TOW BLOG HEADER_thumb

Well here I am, in Daytona beach Florida, anticipating the big race Sunday. Except as it looks right now the big dig , might be scrubbed and the trip all for not. Why, Mother nature is looking to rain on the race Sunday, and if that happens, NASCAR will postpone the race. But I did have fun any way.

I got the chance to peruse the many up beat radio stations here in the greater Miami, area. I will say what they are airing here makes things in our area in the Mountain West look Quakerish by comparison. Or at least Victorian. As it would seem the more open minded less religious restricted radio here far exceeds that of Idaho or Utah. Question is, WHY? I wanted to call my girls in Idaho several times but the 4-1/2 hour time differential between here at Florida and Idaho, means when I wake here, its nearly midnight or so there.

So Mello-Yello, call me as soon as possible, have things I need done there.

Okay then…………….

Few people consider the supporting cast when it comes to major events.

Like if a major music mogul plays a gig, the roadies that have to build the set, the guys that mix the music and all, are not spoken of. In the case of events like they Daytona 500, few think of those who clean up the mess on the track during the race during those wrecks that brings out the caution.

Those tow trucks both usual boom and hooks as well as carriers. Which was the way I got here. The Professional Wrecker Operators of Florida, through Miller Industries(Holmes) sent out a blurb several months ago asking for contestants for a nationwide search of towing services, still under the same owners under the same business name for more than 39 years to enter. I did, and thus here I am. If things go according to plan and rain don’t squash the race, you’ll see me out there snagging and dragging the wrecked cars at the 500.

Until L8R ya’ll

my sig[2]company sign


Quote of the Day:
Honk off, bozo.
--Eno, The Duplex
Proverbs 14:22“Do not those who plot evil go astray? But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
CTRH LOGO 1

RAT SHAK SIGN 1

imagesCAO2G1H5west81_1