Friday, April 30, 2021

We did then we didn't, When are we going to be noticed as first responders?

 


Over the last few weeks I have been pulling wire, squinting my eyes, and soldering, and getting fully into doing radio for those who fly and of course, us going towing. In such been watching mucho imano, TV. Mostly a show called Station 19. Thursday's duty session was such that I watched 4 of those episodes of that show, and started asking, myself; When is it going to happen, that we who tow, are not considered by many outfits, like CenturyLink, SparkLight, nor even Verizon, to name a few. We to them and many are not considered first responders. Why? We are as toewers, are there first, and usually mopping things up after. Where in between Cops, and the public, between fire departments and EMT's Whether it's weather-related or human-caused, we in towing might not be perfect, But we who go tow, are pretty close to it. 
 I can remember not far from where I reside now when I met LexiBelle. There was a 24 hour Spam and Slam, in came Dave, LexiBelle was outside warming up, her pipes pouring sweet angelic smoke, her chicken light glowing. I fell in love instantly, unlike I have ever fell in Love with anything or anyone. Except maybe my High School crush Peggy. 
That is still somewhat in a holding pattern. (More on me and Utah reuniting later Friday.) Over the years I have seen things come and go in our industry. The Idaho Lein Law was co-written by me. Revisions of towing regs, done by me and our mother organization the Iron Knytes. 

With all of that said, I have seen, TV shows and movies about Firefighters, Cops, Fed Cops, and a few attempts at TV series and movies, but never one completely involving the situations and runs we really experience every day. Now with all of that said, two years ago, albeit with some trpedition, What was then made up to that point as Heavy Hooker Toewing, was renamed Heavy Resque Toewing. I went with this as I got tired of hooking and booking cars and passenger rides, cars, light pickups, and such in favor of only attacking the calls for heavy trucks. The ones in that part of the space, are few around these parts. The equipment well over the million-dollar price tags, and training way above just a few tow jocks, that see what we do to aspire to, but not able to get there. Thing is though if I park the truck at a store in an Emergency lane, I'm told to move, if not by store management, by cops, and or fire Captains. 

Radio in the AM on the AM, and on knytewolfradio.com Until then sleep tight.